Green Bay, WI
Under immediate supervision, supports the functions of the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Director. Intern will gain knowledge of basic governmental functions; and will be assigned to work on a WDNR Grant-Funded Project (tree inventory, resident education, policy and plan development and revision).
Listed below are the duties for the internship. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
1) Provide technical support to the Director of Parks, Recreation and Forestry by conducting research and preparing policy analysis.
2) Assist with resident and business communication, education, and outreach for Village services.May include presentations, assistance with surveying, and use of social media.
3) Answer questions and provide information to the public; research information and assist staff with inquiries pertaining to current or new operations.
4) Research, collect, compile, record, and summarize technical or administrative data; assist staff with assembly of documentation for projects and presentations.
5) Attend public, intergovernmental, and internal meetings as necessary to fulfill assigned duties and experience overall communication processes.
6) Assist in the enhancement of the Village’s record keeping systems by organizing and digitizing files.
7) Work with the Department Director to update the current Village tree ordinance and Arboricultural Specifications Manual and develop an Urban Forestry administrative policy.
8) Update Village tree inventory in the Village’s GIS software.
9) Assist the Department Director with DNR Grant administration, including resident tree planting education, tree cost solicitation, and other projects as appropriate.
10) Field work may include updating street and park tree inventory, assisting the Village Forester in order to learn about municipal forestry.
Must be at least a junior in forestry, environmental planning, or related field and have completed the necessary requirements with their respective college or university. Candidate must also possess strong communication, organizational, and computer skills.
$13/hour (560 hours)
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to: Village of Bellevue, Attn: Human Resources, 2828 Allouez Avenue, Bellevue, WI 54311.Application materials can also be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until filled, first review of applications 4/12/18