Job DescriptionESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Recreation Programming: Attend staff and other relevant meetings; Plan, schedule, implement and supervise Recreation Programs/Events; Shadow and or/fill in for various seasonal positions as needed; Complete program evaluations; Create program partnerships and new program opportunities.
- Marketing: Design and create various publicity materials; Use of Social Media marketing; Obtain sponsorships; Understand policies and procedures.
- Facility Operations & Maintenance: Assist with office coverage, including proper phone protocol, participant registrations, facility bookings, and record keeping; Review operational manuals and maintenance procedures; Shadow and assist with maintenance of facilities; Assist with safety inspections; Assist with program and facility supervision.
- Budgeting and Fiscal Management: Learn budgetary procedures; assist with employee payroll and time card management; purchase supplies and materials within given budgets.
- Personnel Supervision & Management: Assist with hiring and evaluation of employees; Solicit and help with volunteer management; Assist with staff training sessions; Responsible for proper documentation of injuries and incidents.
- Major Project: Plan and execute a major project. This project is determined together with the Student and Supervisor input. Past projects are events, tournaments, operational manuals, or marketing materials.
- General: Acts as a professional staff member; participates in facility orientations; familiarization of city policies and procedures; other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and majoring in Recreation Management or related field.
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications or willing to obtain.
- Ability to follow city/department/division policies, work independently and make sound decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with city employees, department professionals, staff, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Possess or ability to obtain a valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license.
Salary/Salary Range$7.50/per hour
How to Apply
Open until filled.