Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry Dept
Job DescriptionThis is administrative work involving the coordination of the volunteer program for all service areas of the Department and City.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and coordinates systems for recruitment, training, placement, supervision, evaluation and retention of volunteers.
- Develops and maintains a Volunteer Management Manual.
- Maintains background screening procedures in accordance with City policy.
- Coordinates volunteer job descriptions related to levels of responsibilities.
- Evaluates risk management concerns related to volunteers.
- Coordinates and assigns community volunteers to open positions.
- Develops community partnerships to increase volunteerism with the Department; serves as liaison with United Way Volunteer Engagement Program and Corporate Volunteer Programs.
- Supervises and evaluates volunteers and volunteer projects as assigned.
- Coordinates the Adopt-A-Park program in conjunction with WPRF Friends Group; serves as liaison to WPRF Friends Group.
- Facilitates the promotion and marketing of volunteer opportunities and completed events to increase public awareness and participation.
- Develops a formal plan and procedures for volunteer recognition.
- Prepares and presents annual Volunteer Program Report.
- Performs weekend On-Call duties as scheduled.
This position works 20 hours per week. Hours generally worked during normal business hours Mon. - Fri., 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with some evenings and weekends required.
- Bachelor's Degree from a four (4) year accredited college or university in Recreation/Parks Management, Public Administration, Communications or other related Liberal Arts Field.
- Four (4) years of progressive responsible experience in the management of volunteers; parks/recreation/forestry setting preferred or any equivalent combination of training and experience related to the essential job functions.
- Ability to pass a drug screen.
- Valid dirver's license with excellent driving record; obtain First Aid and CPR certification within six (6) months of employment.
Salary/Salary Range$27.41 per hour
How to Apply
Applications may be filed online at: http://www.waukesha-wi.gov/314/Employment-Openings or mailed to: 201 Delafield St., Room 205, Waukesha, WI 53188, Phone: 262-524-3744
November 17, 2017