Lake Mills Area School District
Lake Mills, WI
Job DescriptionGENERAL FUNCTION:
The Recreation Supervisor oversees the planning, implementation, supervision, instruction and administration of community-wide recreational activities under the direction of the Recreation Director. Some of the programs which the Recreation Supervisor are responsible for include sports programs, enrichment programs, trips, adult programs, and special events.
Full-time (12 Month)
- To communicate effectively, professionally, respectfully, and in a timely manner verbally, in person, and on the telephone as well as in writing reports and emails.
- To provide information and assistance to students, staff, parents, and community members in a helpful, courteous, and timely manner.
- To analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, critically evaluate the information, determine action, implement action, and evaluate the effectiveness of action.
- To move throughout the facilities, from facility to facility, and throughout the community.
- To perform physical work, sometimes lifting up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- To reach in all directions, bend/stoop to store and retrieve items, and to use equipment.
- To have dexterity and hand/eye coordination necessary to operate vehicles, equipment, computers, and communication devices.
- To have the visual and auditory capacity to understand directions and conversations.
- To maintain concentration focus on tasks, complete tasks in a timely manner and give attention to detail.
- Programming: Designing, planning, implementation, evaluating, and/or creating new programming.
- Staffing: Assisting with recruiting part-time staff, officials, volunteers and program supervisors.
- Administrative Duties: Performing administrative duties such as creating/editing/proofing flyers and seasonal brochures, developing email blasts, posting information on social media sites, processing registrations, and updating program related documents.
- Supervising: Youth athletics and special events as an emphasis and/or supervising adult activities.
- Other Duties as Assigned: Performing other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
This is a specific set of tasks that are representative of most frequently anticipated responsibilities. These should not be interpreted as the only responsibilities performed. Workloads may necessitate temporarily performing responsibilities typically assigned to others in the same department.
For a full Job Description go to http://www.lakemills.k12.wi.us/district/employment.cfm
- Degree: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Sports Management, Physical Education or a related field.
- Certifications: Certified as a Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) preferred and certified in First Aid/CPR/AED or have the ability to obtain certifications within a reasonable timeframe.
- Experience: Two to three years of recreation related work experience preferred.
- Background Knowledge: Knowledge of athletic and recreational activities preferred. Must be prepared to work with children of various ages, adults, and older adults.
- Disposition: High level of enthusiasm for the position and working with the public as well as willingness to pursue training as requested by the District.
- Disposition: Ability to work well with supervisor, administrators, staff, students, and the community, i.e., skills and abilities in leadership, interpersonal relationships, communication, and organization.
- Technology skills: Skills to enable completion of reports, monitoring systems, and software related to maintenance and inventory using Microsoft, Google, and other department specific software.
- Transportation: Valid driver’s license and personal transportation.
- Availability: Ability to work up to 45 hours a week, including nights and weekends. Hours are flexible depending on the athletic seasons and work week can be shifted to accommodate for any hours above 40/week.
Negotiable, dependent upon qualifications.
How to ApplyPLEASE SEND LETTER OF INTENT AND RESUME TO: Ms. Pamela A. Streich, District Administrator Lake Mills Area School District 120 East Lake Park Place Lake Mills, WI 53551 TO APPLY ONLINE VISIT: http://www.wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/Employer/3279/Vacancies/2
December 1, 2017