Village of Waunakee
Job DescriptionGeneral Summary:
Under immediate supervision of the Community Services Director, plans, organizes, coordinates and implements programs and activities focused on youth, teens, adults and families in the Village of Waunakee. Performs related work as required, including the supervision of department staff and volunteers.
The work entails general planning, development and supervision at various locations throughout the Village.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Relating to Programming:
- Coordinates and supervises programs offered at the Village Center which may include sports, enrichment activities, trips and special events. Responsibilities include program creation, marketing, staff selection and scheduling, regular reporting and hands-on supervision of programs.
- Keeps an up to date inventory of program equipment and supplies for programs and activities.
- Works with the Community Services Director to recruit, hire, train and supervise seasonal and part-time personnel hired for programs and activities.
- Responds to citizens’ requests, concerns and complaints concerning programs and facilities.
- Coordinates programs and activities with input from participants and citizens; prepares flyers, letters, brochures, calendars and media releases regarding programs and activities for publication and distribution.
- May supervise and/or conduct classes, workshops and other activities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programs and makes necessary progress reports to the Community Services Director and Parks and Recreation Committee and Village Center Advisory Committee.
- Submits detailed summary reports, including financial reports on revenues and expenditures as well as participation data at the conclusion of each program.
- Assist in continually trying new, creative forms of program marketing to help programs reach maximum participation levels.
General Position Responsibilities:
- Maintains a friendly and cooperative relationship with Village and School District officials, community organizations and the public.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends Park and Recreation Committee, Village Center Advisory Committee, Village Board, and various committee meetings as required.
- Assists as needed with the Department Welcome Desk operation on a fill-in basis.
- Works varying hours to meet the needs of the programs and Department due to programs and special events being conducted outside normal office hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patrons.
- Ability to follow detailed directions.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationship with the public, peers and supervisors.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public who may or may not act with regard to manners or courtesy.
- Willingness to maintain skills in above mentioned areas through active participation in appropriate continuing education activities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or listen for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to work long hours, beginning in the morning and continuing into the evening. The employee is required to walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee should have vision corrected to be able to decipher 8-point type.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The indoor work environment usually has moderate noise levels with very little opportunity for uninterrupted time. This employee is often outdoors and therefore subject to a wide range of environmental conditions that may include extreme heat and cold, rain and snow, or other uncomfortable situations. This position may require considerable work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation Administration, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Education or related field preferred.
- Related work experience of 1 to 3 years.
- General customer service experience.
The position will initially be part-time (30 hrs/week) transitioning to full-time approximately May 14, 2018. Hourly range is $18.45-19.39, DOQ plus a pro-rated benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a letter of interest, resume with three professional references and an official Village application. Applications are accepted online, in-person at Village Hall, by mail to Adam Bentley, Assistant Village Administrator / Human Resources Manager, 500 W. Main Street, Waunakee, Wisconsin or email (email@example.com).
Applications will be reviewed beginning December 29, 2017. The position is open until filled.