Manager - Deer Creek Racquet Club and Park Ave Boating Beach
Park District of Highland Park
Job DescriptionSummary: The position is responsible for the overall management of the Deer Creek Racquet Club and Park Ave. Boating Beach Operations. This includes memberships, lessons, leagues, summer camps, rentals and facility maintenance. The position is accountable for the budget for all designated areas. Directly oversees one Facility Supervisor and 4 Full-Time Pro’s. Indirectly oversees dozens of part time employees.
- Employ and supervise adequate staff to operate Park Ave. Beach, Deer Creek Racquet Club, summer programs, camps, and the outdoor tennis program.
- Conduct regular training and orientation programs for the tennis staff and boating beach staff.
- Prepare an annual budget including fee recommendations for Park Ave. Beach, Deer Creek and summer programs and supervise the expenditure of funds once approved by the board.
- Work with the Full Time Tennis Pro’s to develop and coordinate the junior and adult competitive tennis programs including all aspects of league and team play.
- Work with the Full Time Tennis Pro’s to expand and develop new innovations in the tennis programs which would improve the quality and enjoyment of tennis for residents of the Park District and promote a congenial atmosphere at the tennis facility.
- Organize and coordinate all Park District special tennis events and those authorized by the Park District held in conjunction with outside groups.
- Act as the Park District's liaison to yacht club and tennis special interest groups.
- Record and process, as required, all daily log sheets, membership and permanent court time applications, registration forms, and such miscellaneous reports as would be pertinent to the operation of the tennis facility.
- Maintain adequate inventory of all supplies needed in the day-to-day operations at both facilities.
- Establish a positive public relations program for the beach and the tennis programs to include media advertising, news releases, special events and brochures, allowing sufficient time for consideration and inclusion in all regular publicity and mailings of the District.
- Make recommendations to the Assistant Director of Facilities and Recreation for proposed long-term improvements as well as short-term improvements, for the Park Ave. Beach and tennis operation.
- Oversee the accuracy of the Park Ave. Beach and tennis staff's payroll and approve payroll.
- Assist with all special event activities as needed.
- Performs other Park District related duties as assigned.
QualificationsThe ideal candidate will have a four-year degree from a recognized four-year college or university. Three to five years experience preferably in the areas of facility or program management. Experience in organization of tennis programs preferred. Preference will be given to applicants with a Park and Recreation Degree and Certification. Must be available to work weekends; full-time hours will consist of weekdays, weekends, holidays and evenings.
The Park District of Highland Park is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary/Salary Range$72,500 - $84,000 DOQ
How to ApplyFor consideration, please visit our website at www.pdhp.org to submit an application, cover letter and resume directly to the hiring manager.
March 9, 2018