Job DescriptionPURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Graphics Coordinator assists the City of Greenfield Parks and Recreation Director, Supervisors and Mayor in the overall development, planning, coordination, and design of department marketing materials for various programs and events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
Plans, coordinates and supervises the following:
- Coordinates the Department’s marketing efforts for a variety of programs and events; works with staff in planning, managing and evaluating Department marketing functions.
- Designs/desktop publishes the Activity Guide (Recreator) 3x/year, and the Kids Edition using Abode InDesign page layout application for web press.
- Designs page layouts for other publications, brochures, print and web ads, banners, t-shirts, etc., consistent with City and Department standards.
- Publishes a variety of newsletters.
- Creates logos as needed for various divisions, programs and events.
- Designs and updates website pages for the Department and various programs and events.
- Uses social media to promote Department programs and events.
- Meets and/or communicates with business partners for collaboration on events and programs.
- Investigates print quotes for projects; orders prints for specific projects.
- Organizes and maintains files of photos taken by staff.
- Obtains administrative permission from school district to distribute materials in the school district.
- Designs promotional ads for digital sign and cable TV
- Collaborates with Recreation Director in developing goals, objectives, and budgetary needs.
- Maintains inventory of related recreation equipment and supplies.
- Fosters partnership opportunities with other area leisure providers and local community organizations
- Attends and contributes to bi-weekly staff meetings, and participates in professional development opportunities (i.e. WPRA, NRPA, SEPRC, etc.).
- Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or a related field is preferred, and at least 1+ years of experience in marketing and design; or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills.
- The use of computers and various software applications, including Abode InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and others.
- Current methods, trends, practices and techniques in graphic design and marketing.
- Business English (grammar, tone, spelling, punctuation).
- Multi-task and prioritize workload; meet established deadlines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, outside organizations and agencies and the general public.
- Work independently and use sound judgment.
- Make decisions in accordance with Department and City policies, procedures and regulations.
- Oral and written communications.
- Project management.
- Creative design skills to create original designs for logos/shirts, etc. and design/layout a variety of print and other media needs.
- Interpersonal skills to collect and process materials/needs from staff and process into comprehensive formats needed.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, financial reports and legal documents related to the recreation function. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from participants, regulatory agencies, elected officials or the community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and mathematics necessary to operate a complex budget, involving the establishment of program fees, and projection of program participation.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- NRPA (National Recreation & Park Association) Certified Park Recreation Professional (CPRP), and Wisconsin Park & Recreation Association membership desired. Valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee will work primarily (70%) in an inside office environment, and approximately 30% at various facilities (indoor and outdoor) located throughout the community requiring travel time.
Multi-function telephone, typewriter, calculator, copy machine, computer (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft and registration software), copy machine, fax machine, a camera and first aid equipment.
Applicants will be required to submit to a pre-employment physical exam and drug screening
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or related field preferred, with 1+ years experience in marketing and design. Publishes a variety of newsletters, including the Activity Guide (Recreator) three times per year and the Kids Edition, utilizing Adobe InDesign page layout for web press. Works with city departments to provide marketing and graphic art assistance. Knowledgeable with various software applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and others. Flexible work hours of 24 hours per week.
Starting salary $22.15/hour.
How to Apply
Applications: H.R. Department, 7325 W. Forest Home Avenue, Room 101, (414-329-5208), or download application from www.greenfieldwi.us. Deadline: 4PM on February 16, 2018. Resume not accepted in lieu of application. Applications may be returned by email to JoanneW@greenfieldwi.us EOE
February 16, 2018 @ 4pm