2019 WPRA Foundation Student Grant & Conference Scholarship Application
Deadline is October 1st
Selection Criteria Used to Determine Award of Student Grants and Conference Scholarships:
Please fill out the online form below or click here to view application document.
1. Currently a paid student member of WPRA. (for the current year that the conference is being held)
2. Copy of an official transcript showing that the applicant is currently enrolled in a park, recreation, natural resource, therapeutic recreation or related curriculum and must carry a minimum of 12 credits at the time of the application.
3. Letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
4. Letter of recommendation from a park and recreation professional.
5. You MUST register and pay for the conference registration fee prior to being approved for a conference scholarship! As long as you meet all criteria, you will be reimbursed by the WPRA Foundation immediately after the conference as long as you attend everything that you were registered for.
6. Student 3 day Scholarships include Wednesday Lunch and Thursday Dinner, but, it must be ordered on the registration form. No other meals are provided and if you do not mark the meal then a ticket is not provided. Thank you.
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA (1-5 POINTS AWARDED WITH 5 BEING THE HIGHEST):
1. Academic Performance – 2.5-2.9 GPA – 2 points, 3.0 or higher – 3 points.
2. Applicable volunteer or paid work
3. Written summary for participation: reason, presentation, organization, clarity and writing skills.
Students must meet the requirements and have a minimum score of 4 points to be considered for a WPRA Student Grant or Conference Scholarship. Grants and scholarships will be awarded based on availability of funds from the WPRA Foundation.Check List:
- Current WPRA Paid Member
- Registered and Paid for Conference Registration
- Transcript Sent or Uploaded
- Letter of Recommendation from Faculty Sent or Uploaded
- Letter of Recommendation from Professional Sent or Uploaded
Return to: Your College/University Advisor
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (If emailing, please list “Subject” as “Student Scholarship Request”)